Dengbêj Tradition and Story Telling
About this course
Introducing the dengbêj culture together with its historical geography. Providing examples of dengbêjs.
What the Workshop Offers
- Information about the historical geography of the dengbêj culture.
- Information on the distinct quality of the dengbêj larynx and its regional variations.
- Information about dengbêjmakams.
- Maleizma techniques and application.
- An awareness about the complementary nature of Story Telling and the art of Dengbêj. The opportunity to recite a kilam for a story.
Materials Required for Workshop
Notebook and pen
Kürtçe, Türkçe ve İngilizce
Born in 1985 in Van, Neslihan Aslan graduated from the department of English Teaching at Anadolu University. She compiled stories for a long while. After learning about story telling and the dengbêj tradition her family, she carried out various activities which combined the two. For around 10 years, she performed as a story teller and dengbêj in various institutions. She is currently conducting field studies on Kurdish Stories.
Ezgi Ceylan was born in Aydın in July 1989. After graduating from the department of Translation and Interpreting Studies at Boğaziçi University, she received her master’s degree in Comparative Literature from Istanbul Bilgi University by carrying out a study She has been a vocal and soloist in various groups. Ceylan is currently a vocal in the group Dengaheng Ensemble and is also continuing her education in music. She is an English Teacher at a public school in Istanbul